Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is it separation anxiety?

Dr Ring told us that separation anxiety would start at about 6 months if Emery would have it at all. I think it set in last weekend. Emery wanted to be held all of the time. And, putting her down for a nap or for bed isn't as easy as it used to be. Prior to last weekend, we would swaddle Emery, yes we are STILL swaddling, and she would go right to sleep. Not a peep from her at all, right to sleep. Well, this last weekend was a whole different story. On Saturday, Emery was clearly tired - rubbing her eyes and yawning. So, I went with the swaddling and put her in her crib. The minute I walked out of her room, she cried. She has done that everyday since Saturday. It just breaks my heart to hear her cry and cry. But, she is tired and I can't sit and hold my baby all day long - I've got things to do. I'm not sure how long this separation anxiety could last, but I'm over it already. Can I have my easygoing, easy sleeping baby back?

2 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

If it is seperation anxiety she should do it when you leave her at the babysitters as well. It sounds to me more like she doesn't feel well or that she is learning that mom reacts when she cries. :-) Stick to it and let her cry it out a little....she will get through it.

Jodi Collins said...

Sorry...I act like I know it all. That is my "non-doctor" point of view. And my kids our not perfect so who am I to say.