Sunday, June 15, 2008

We are finally swaddle free!

Yes, we were still swaddling Emery at 7 months old. The baby just wouldn't sleep well unless she was swaddled nice and tight. At around 4 months old, I finally had to have a friend of mine make bigger swaddling blankets. And then it got to the point where Ivan had to swaddle her because she would break out of my swaddles in no time flat.

Well, now that we are finally having summer like weather, the only blankets I've had to swaddle Emery with are 2 sided flannel - way too hot these days. So, I decided we're done with the swaddling. We started 100% swaddle free on Friday night. Emery was up every 2 hours or so just to give her the binky. Last night she slept through the night swaddle free. Such a nice feeling! I feel the binky is going soon too. We'll see how tough that one is to give up.

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Wow...Look at you being mom of the year. Good Job. It is always hard to change their routine.