Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's a very sad day...


Our friends, Mike and Candice Greene lost their little 5-year old boy, Jackson, last week. We are attending the services today in support of the family. Although I have only personally met Mike, Candice and Jackson once, we are very close with Mike's brother, Mac.

It breaks my heart to imagine what the Greene family is going through right now. Jackson was diagnosed with cancer back in July and his little body wasn't strong enough to stand the chemo. Since having Emery, I understand the love and bond between Mother and child so much more now. I don't understand why things like cancer happen to such little, innocent beings.

I hope the best for the Greene family and hope that they continue to cherish each and every moment with their other two children. A piece of me thinks about their family daily and wishes them the strength to get through this tough time in life.


Below is a link to the obituary and a beautiful picture of Jackson Greene.

http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=117389677

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

That could be one of the saddest things I've ever heard. I hate to hear about losing children. I totally agree that you never understand until you have your own. I thank my lucky stars for every moment I have with my kids.