Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fruit vs. Veggies??

Overall, Emery is a great eater. She loves table food and will actually "run" to you when she sees food. The other night, I had just fed Emery her 2 containers of baby food and then I was eating dinner. Sure enough, my little shadow ran over and had to share whatever it was that I was eating. There aren't any table foods that I can think of that the child won't eat - including pickles, salmon, yougurt and steak.

Anyway, Emery has been refusing to eat her baby food fruits for about 6 weeks now. The craziest thing is that she can tell which are fruits and which are veggies - how, who knows? It must be something about the colors of the foods? I won't even say anything about which I'm feeding her and I'll mix up the order between fruits and veggies.

As soon as I put a little bit of fruit onto the spoon, she looks away and refuses to open her mouth. If I actually happen to get the fruit into her mouth, she spits it out. It's funny to me that she is so particular and actually prefers veggies over fruits. Oh well, I'll keep trying to get some fruit in her here and there.

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

That is funny. It is usually the other way around. Maybe it is the smell that stops her.

Rachel Lovato said...

Jamie is exactly the opposite! He LOVES fruit and refuses to eat ANY vegetable! I hear that their tastes change quickly though...so we may have hope still.

Unknown said...

Try feeding her Sauerkraut...my nephew would eat it up at her age.

Anonymous said...

Hey Summer like your blog. It could be Emery has a taste for savory food instead of the sweet taste of fruits.