Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Potty Training - Part 2

OK, I think Emery is really ready for potty training now. She pee'd in the potty and poo'd in the potty last night. She loves the reward of M&M's and I bought her some Elmo books that are to be "potty toys" only. She's definitely on an Elmo kick these days and loves to read the books while she sits on the potty. (Pictures to come of course)

I'm so nervous about potty training. I have no idea how to go about it. Any tips or advice? I'm off tomorrow so after our pool outing, I'm trying to work up the nerve to put big girl panties on her. I guess I just put her on the potty every 20-30 mins and then change her panties with every accident.

I really just want to send her to Ivan's Mom's for a week, and visit her of course, and let Lola take care of this task. Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit and it will be easier than I think. Or I'm in denial. Not sure which one is true yet, more to come later ...

4 comments:

AOKI CIRCUS said...

This is something I know how to do with a girl. If you need tips - email me at ashleyandtommy@msn.com. No idea how to do boys so that I'll be learning in the next few months! :)

Rachel Lovato said...

Oh Summer! She is such a good little girl, I am sure that it will happen with ease. Your strategy seems good...that is what I did with Lauren and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was! You can do it! :)

Mandi said...

I just set a timer for Isaac for every 15 min and set him on the pot. It took a few days but then it was done!

Heather said...

Every kid is so different, but I did just buy an ebook online due to desperation with my little one, it didn't give me anything I haven't already tried, but since I've tried everything and it is your first I can forward it to you if your interested!