I was off today and had planned to spend a few hours at the outlet stores in Park City. Below is an overview of our day.
930a - Emery gets up, feed her her daily eggs for breakfast, we both get ready
1130a - leave for Park City
1135a - daily stop at Sonic for a coke for me. I've started to get Emery a kids cup of crushed ice everyday when I stop there because she loves ice so much. She now can spot out a Sonic while we are driving down the road :)
12-215p - shopping in PC - got a ton of cute winter outfits for Emery. I did remember myself and Ivan for one shirt each
245-330p - Nap time
345-6p - reading, playing, Elmo time
615p - driving home from Del Taco, Emery projectile vomits in the car. I have no idea where it came from, she just started coughing and then vomited. We were almost home so I gave her a napkin to clean her hands and face. I dry heaved the whole way home thinking about cleaning it up.
640p - after I ate, I pulled Emery's carseat out of the car to wash it. We were outside and Emery was still eating a soft taco. All of a sudden, Emery starts crying and I see her taco on the floor - I yelled at Carter to make him go to his bed and picked Emery up to comfort her. She was crying more than usual over lost food so I looked at her hand. Sure enough, Carter nipped her hand. No blood, but there were teeth marks. I'm assuming he was just trying to get her food, but unacceptable. The crate will be returning and Carter will be put there while Emery eats!
710p - bath time - Emery was washed and just playing in the tub. All of a sudden she coughs and vomits again. I quickly grab her out of the bath so I don't have to re-bathe her. Once she stands up, she pees everywhere.
730p - call Mandy for vomiting advice
745-830p - reading and Elmo time
845p - bedtime and my internet time. I do have the monitor turned up really loud and I'm sure if I hear one little cough from Emery, I'll rush into her room.
I can't believe we made it almost two years before Emery vomited for the first time. I'm hoping it was just a one time thing today and that Emery isn't really sick with the flu or something. She's acting totally normal, other than the occassional cough/vomiting episode. The first half of my day was wonderful but I have to admit, the second half I was counting down the time until bedtime.
It's also the first Utah football game of the day. Ivan has been gone all day and this will be our reality for every Saturday until the end of November. (Except October 3rd, their off week.)
Go Utes!!!
Garlic Bok Choy
2 days ago
3 comments:
Oh Summer! I am sorry to hear about Emery throwing up! It always seems like on my day off, there is always some minor tragedy. Thankfully, neither of my kids has ever thrown up...and Lauren is 5! Hopefully Emery's sickness isn't anything major and hopefully YOU don't get the bug either!
I'm sorry. I made it about 3 years with Isaac and no vomit, so it really scared him when he did for the first time!
Great story! Sounds like you had an eventful day to say the least! I'm sure I'll be calling for you advise soon enough!
Post a Comment