Monday, June 7, 2010

6 Months!

I hit the 6 month mark last Wednesday. I cannot believe how quickly the time is going. We are wanting to buy a new car before the baby comes since my lease is up in October and I don't want to have to go through the hassle with a newborn. I was talking to my friend Mandy today about how much time we have before we have to start actively looking and I said we will start in August. Then I realized that's only 2 months away!

We still have done absolutely nothing to prepare for this little one. We are going to be moving rooms around, the current office will move to the extra bedroom and Emery's big girl room will be in the current office. We finally have appointments for phone lines and cable lines to be installed in the new office, but that's it. We need to clean out the room, paint Emery's new room and buy her big girl furniture. We better get on it.

I am still feeling pretty good. I have been dealing with some pretty bad acid reflux, but I learned that plain, raw almonds right before bed can soak up the acid. So I have a large bag of almonds and a large box of Tums on my nightstand. I am having lower back pains as well. By the end of the day I am waddling pretty bad and it's entertaining. Luckily, the next day I am back to normal and walking without waddling.

Everyone tells me how huge I am, so we will see if I continue to post these pictures and updates. I took pictures monthly when I was pregnant with Emery and I think it's nice to document the pregnancy. But, at times, I want to lie to people about my due date. I actually avoid the conversation and giving my due date whenever possible. I have gained less in this pregnancy, but it is 100% belly. I can still fit into my regular jeans which is nice.

5 comments:

erin louise said...

Summer I can't believe that you are already 6 months( you look lovely btw). Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys

Rachel Lovato said...

I think you look beautiful, Summer! It is so weird how each pregnancy can be so different. AND wait til the kiddo gets here, everything will be different with that too! AND...some advice on big-girl furniture...we shopped at RC Willey and EVERYTHING was very nice but very expensive. SO...we went to Shopko and bought super cheap furniture for Lauren...A bed, a long short, dresser, a nightstand, a big tall dresser, and a bookshelf plus a new comforter...all for under $700. I still see ads for the same furniture, so I am sure they still have it. I figure that when she gets to be a little bit older, then I can go BACK to RC Willey and get her a really nice set that she can have as a teenager. Well, that is my 2 cents.

Rachel Lovato said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jodi Collins said...

You are not huge! You should see me waddle - it is awful. Yes you better get busy and may I recommend a Chevy Tahoe - I love mine!

Lindsey said...

Summer, You look great!!! And its a great idea to take the monthly pictures for documenting this experience... I'm very excited for you and Ivan!