Sunday, August 29, 2010

36 Weeks

We are into the final countdown now. We have finally started making some good progress on preparing for this little one to come into the world. The crib is put back together, everything is washed and ready to go. I did have to buy some replacement parts for the swing ($2 for the parts - $8 for shipping and handling but whatever) so that won't be set up for another week or so. I've committed to washing all of the bottles and binky's next weekend, then it's pretty much just a waiting game.

My Dr appointments are still very uneventful. However, if I do have issues, they are usually really odd one's. For example, my left foot started hurting really bad about 4 weeks ago. It was all of a sudden too, I don't remember doing anything to injure it. I was to the point that I couldn't walk and I felt like everyone just thought I was doing the "pregnant waddle" and that wasn't the case at all. Ends up, I have Plantar Fascia - who gets that? Dr Quinn feels confident that it will go away as soon as I deliver but he recommended I get a pair of sole inserts. Well, the problem isn't so much with buying the sole insterts. The problem is that sole inserts won't stay in flip flops and that's really all I own. I'm not about to buy sole inserts and new shoes for 4 weeks! My mom gave a recommendation that she heard about not wearing flat shoes. Viola! I put on my wedged flip flops and I'm back to normal - no more waddling! Yay!

Other than that, I'm feeling good. The acid reflux is still kicking my butt. There are days (like today) that I get less than 5 hours of sleep due to acid reflux. I end up emailing my work at random hours of the night/morning - they love it ;)

We still haven't decided on a name. I guess we will wait and see if we think the baby looks like one of the names that we have come up with when she is born. Dr Quinn said that he can induce me 7 days early without a medical reason. I'm a little tempted to take him up on his offer but I also worry because my babies tend to be very small. I'm almost thinking of inducing maybe 3-4 days early just so we can plan around daycare for Emery, Ivan's work and school schedule and the good old Utah Football schedule. Is it funny that we aren't planning around anything for me?


No comments: