I wanted to get there by 5p since the seats were not guaranteed and I wasn't 100% sure what that meant. We ended up getting there around 515p and we drive up and see a huge line doubling over with people waiting to get into the venue. I then see a bunch of people carrying blankets and chairs. As soon as I saw that, I thought to myself, "oops, was I supposed to bring those?" We brought sweaters for the chilly evening later and that's it.
Luckily, as we got into the long line, we realized that we were not the only underprepared family there. It was probably 50% of the people who were prepared. I wish Thanksgiving Point would have given a better description/info on the event.
Anyway, we got into the venue and ate dinner. Luckily, there were about 6 picnic style table and chairs and we were able to steal one so we weren't sitting on the ground eating dinner. The food was pretty good but then we had to wait another hour for the show to start. We finally moved over to the area where the show was to start. We sat on the grass (no blankets or chairs) for about 15 minutes. Then Emery said, "I'm ready to go home. Let's go home". I was a little disappointed that we weren't going to see the show, but deep down I was ok with heading home. We were uncomfortable sitting on the ground and it was getting really cold, really fast.
So, off we went. We did spend about an hour getting to the car, stopping on the way to play in the little play ground areas and maze that are at Thanksgiving Point. After all is said and done, I think the Luau could have been a much better experience if we were better prepared. I would also say that the tickets were pricey considering what you get for the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment