Thursday, October 7, 2010

Moon Dough

Emery's favorite show right now is Max & Ruby. She gets to watch a few episodes a day and has taken a liking to every single toy advertised on the commercials - she says "Mama, I want that" to everything - even commercials for hotels. Anyway, she's been saying that she wants Moon Dough for about a month now.

I finally broke down and bought it for her. I actually bought it a week ago and had it hidden until Ivan or I actually had a good amount of time to sit down and play with her. It's sad that I'm not working and the Moon Dough sat hidden for several days because we were too busy to sit and play with it for an hour or so.

The other day, I opened the cupboard to get some apple juice out (assuming Ivan put the apple juice in front of the hidden Moon Dough) and Emery spotted the Moon Dough (the apple juice was behind the Moon Dough - don't as me why??). She got so excited and it went a little like this:

"Moon Dough!!!"
"Mama - Moon Dough!!"
"Mama - thank you for buying me Moon Dough - did you buy it from Target?"
"Mama, let's play Moon Dough. This is so exciting"

Now, I wasn't really planning on playing Moon Dough. My intent was for Ivan to play Moon Dough with her since I knew it would be messy and I tend to focus more on the mess than the fun at hand. I had also been trying to get to the store for 3 days to do some grocery shopping but Emery was so excited I couldn't turn down her request to play it. So, needless to say, we sat and played with the Moon Dough and Emery was on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

No comments: