Friday, December 17, 2010

Mega Post Update

I've been back to work now for a couple of weeks and things have been busy around here. It's kicking my butt to work 40 hrs/wk, take care of 2 kids and the house. Plus, with the holiday's it seems like there is always something that I want to take Emery to. So, here is a mega post in an effort to get us caught up.

Paisley enjoying her new bouncy chair
Emery was mad at me about something but now I can't remember what .. (notice the hand on the hip - this girl has attitude when she wants to)
Emery has to try out all of the baby gear that she can squeeze her body into. She's put herself into the pack n play, carseat, bouncy chair and crib. I'm sure she can't wait for the high chair to be brought back out.
My girls playing in the crib together.
One of Paisley's first times in a normal outfit. She's HUGE! I bought a few outfits and she's currently in 6 month clothes. They barely fit her so she will be in 9 month clothes for sure by the time she's 4 months old. She sure likes to eat.
Emery's first dance recital was this week. The instructions were to have the girls' hair curled so I tried a few different things to see what worked best. First, I tried the good old sponge curlers. Emery loved them and kept them in all night while she slept. In fact, she didn't want the curlers to be taken out. I remember my mom curling my hair with these and I never imagined I would be curling my daughters hair with them.
Emery dressed in her Penguin costume for her dance recital. She looked so stinking cute!
The one and only picture of her on stage. I had to stay back stage with Emery until right before she went on stage. I sat on the floor next to the family to watch the show and then I headed back stage to get Emery after the dance. Emery's class was hilarious! We all agreed that it was the most we had laughed in a long time and the best $5 spent.
The girls with Auntie Silv
Emery, Aunt Elizabeth and Chelsea
Our cute little family ..
Thank you to all of our family who came to support Emery at her dance recital! It really made her feel special and loved!

I took the girls to the mall tonight to visit with Santa. After waiting for 1 hour, we were within 10 minutes of getting to meet him. Then, Emery said she had to go potty. I tried to make her hold it but she started doing "the dance" and I was afraid she would pee on Santa's lap. So, we left the line to take her potty, but before I did, I talked to the people behind me and said, "I've been in line for an hour and my daughter needs to go potty. Will you guys remember me and let me back in line when we get back?" Thankfully, they were understanding and let us back in line. We ended up having to wait an extra 10 minutes but it's better than another hour!
Paisley being cute while hanging out in her carseat
My girls ..
After we visited Santa, I took Paisley to get her ears pierced. I was a little apprehensive about taking her without Ivan, especially since I had Emery with me and the mall was packed. But, as usual, Emery was a good girl and just hung out in Claire's while we pierced Paisley's ears. She entertained herself by dressing up in all of the accessories in the store.
Paisley went to bed right after we got home so I don't have pictures yet of her pierced ears. They will come soon. Also, South Towne no longer lets you take your own pictures with Santa (I was not happy about this) so I will work on posting their picture with Santa soon. My $24 picture by the way.

2 comments:

erin louise said...

wow I didn't know ou were already back to work, time ges by too fast. your girls are gorgeous and dhout to Chico strollers, I heart them

Mandi said...

Em looks so cute in her little costume and I love Ivan's face in the family pic!