Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Annual Trip to CA

We were lucky enough to make our annual trip to CA at the end of May.  We had originally planned on waiting until Oct/Nov to go - so we could take the new baby to meet the family and so the weather could be nice and cool.  However, I got an email from JetBlue with a deal that we just couldn't pass up.  So, off we went!
The girls on the plane ride - Emery is such a good kid - she watched her TV shows and snacked on cookies and sprite and was really good.  Paisley was good too, but a little more active - I had to do a lot to keep her entertained for the short, 1 hour flight.
 As soon as we got off the plane, we drove to Grandma Ruth's to visit with family.  We have been lucky the last two trips to have Grandma Ruth make us Kraut cookin's.  They are a German dish that don't sound all that appealing (hamburger, onions and cabbage mixture made in rolls and baked) but they are so, so yummy!  The girls gathered in the kitchen to cook and Emery helped roll out the dough for almost all 50 Kraut cookin's that we made.  She loves to cook, bake and just be in the kitchen!
 The next day we were off to Disneyland!
 Randy and baby Austyn ..
 Michelle and Issac ....


 Makayla, Emery and Paisley


 We got to meet Mickey Mouse - here is Michelle's cute little family ..
 The whole gang (minus Ivan, he stood this one out)
 The girls were so excited to meet Mickey Mouse - especially Paisley.  She's been in love with "Hot Dog" (what she calls Mickey Mouse) for the last 9 months or so.


 At the end of the night.  We had a great trip - the weather was perfect, lines were short and all of the kids were good and there were no melt downs.
 Paisley got a cute little Goofy hat ..
 Emery picked a pink Princess hat ...
 The next day, we just relaxed at the hotel and had a low key day.  When we planned this trip, I thought I would be 6 months pregnant and would be fine.  Well, once my due date was changed, I was 7 months pregnant.  I did OK at Disneyland, but I definitely needed the next day to just hang out and relax.  Ivan did a great job of entertaining the girls so I really could rest and relax.  He's such a good Papa to the girls!
 Paisley isn't a huge fan of swimming ... instead, she decided to make a little bed on the ground.  Yup, that's an empty lawn chair right next to her that she could have laid in.  Silly girl!
Paisley took a little nap to recover from Disneyland and swimming.  Emery was patiently waiting for her to wake up and I was lucky enough to catch this moment on camera!
 We were able to visit with Grandma Peggy, Shannon, Michelle, Randy and Austyn.  Here are the cousins giving each other some love - again, this picture is not staged.  They really do love each other and have a great time playing.
 The next day, we were off to California Adventure!  This day, it got up to 97 degrees - I was dying and miserable!  My body doesn't do well in the heat, when I'm not pregnant, so add that in, and I was pretty useless until about 3p when it finally started to cool off.  Like always, Ivan was a champ and took on both girls and I just walked along and tried to keep up.  Despite the weather, we still had a really good time.  We just may have rode The Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc 5+ times each since the lines were short and the rides were inside and air conditioned :)


Here is crazy Paisley - it was 97 degrees, and she had to have the blanket over her legs ..
 On the plane ride home - Paisley thought she was still at Disneyland and raised her arms for the plane ride.
As always, we had a great trip!  It was so nice for the four of us to just be able to spend quality time together for a few days.  We mixed in visits with my family, relaxing and of course fun at Disneyland and it was awesome!  Already looking forward to our trip next year ....

No comments: