Thursday, October 16, 2008

Self Feeding..

We've been trying to get Emery to self feed for the past few days. She loves Cheerios (will seriously get all excited and dance when she sees the box of them) so we decided to practice with them. Ivan and I were sitting on the couch feeding her Cheerios. Ivan ended up putting a Cheerio on the couch instead of putting it into Emery's mouth. What did she do?

She leaned over with a huge open mouth and put the Cheerio directly from the couch to her mouth without any hands! I totally knew that's what she was going to do and it was hilarious!

After that, Ivan realized he had to put the Cheerios further back on the couch so she couldn't reach them with her mouth. She finally figured out the concept of self feeding and is getting better and better as the days go by. I'm hoping she'll have it down enough by her 1st birthday so she can feed herself cake!

1 comment:

Tasha Tyson Talon said...

That is the cutest story! So sweet and innocent.