I'm not sure if this just comes with the territory of a 20 month old baby or not. Emery is so stinking needy and clingy, but only with ME! Ivan tells me all of the time that she isn't like that when they are home together and that he only sees her act like this when I'm around.
I love the fact that she is a Mommy's girl, but honestly, it becomes draining and I don't want her to be a whiny kid. Last night, we were out doing yard work and Emery was hanging all over me and whining for me to hold her. Ivan took her in the house to feed her dinner and she freaked out. She wasn't mad about going into the house, she was mad because I stayed outside. When she gets up in the morning and I'm home, she just wants to be held and carried around the house and whines and whines when I don't hold her. I've tried just ignoring it and trying to distract her, sometimes it works and other times she just continues to whine.
Any advice from you experienced Mommy's out there??
Garlic Bok Choy
2 days ago
5 comments:
Both of my kids are whiny when I'm around. I read some where once that they are like that with their moms because they know that they are unconditionally loved by them. Therefore they know they can act like stinkers and you still love them.
Sorry, no better news here. Jackson, my 3 year old, is STILL like that. He is a big time Momma's Boy. I tell my husband all the time that it isn't FAIR! Sorry I haven't found anything that has worked, but it does get a little better once they're a little older and you can reason with them a little more.
I wish that I had some advice for ya. Lauren wasn't like that, but Jamie sure is. Sometimes it is nice, but when I am trying to get something done it can be rough. He has gotten a little better as he has gotten older..so maybe just hang in there and maybe she will grow out of it.
My daughter has been a mommy's girl since the day she was born. It does get frustrating at times because she only wants me to do everything for her! She has gotten a little better and actually lets my hubby do a few more things for her, but we have many crying fits because she only wants mommy! I wish I had some good advice for you- we have tried a couple of things- but my daughter is very stubborn so usually nothing works. Just thought I would let you know your not alone- I know how you feel!
I think it is a phase. My kids go through it once every few months. I think she will grow out of it. Good Luck - I understand your pain.
Post a Comment