I've never been the most coordinated person in the world. I will be traumatized for my entire life from my family teasing me when I was little about the way I run. I clearly remember being at my Great Grandma Ruth's house and my family egging me on, telling me to run down the long hallway that runs from the dining room to the bedrooms. Meanwhile, my family would stand in the dining room laughing at the way I run. Apparently, I stick my but out, my elbows go way back and I look like a hot mess.
Anyway, coordination aside, I am also more accident prone while pregnant. Sunday night I was ironing Ivan's work clothes and burned my wrist. It hurt so bad! So I have this nasty burn on my wrist.
Yesterday at work, I totally ate it and fell on all fours. I was walking down the stairs with someone from my team. As I stepped off of the last step, I started slipping and luckily caught myself, well, kind of, and landed on all fours. As I was trying to get up, I started slipping again but I was able to get up without falling again. I felt so stupid and really bad for the guy with me. He just kept saying, "I tried to help and catch you". Um, that may have been worse. I just imagined him trying to catch me and falling with me and both of us ending up on the ground and then a stranger walking in and seeing us. Wouldn't that be a great rumor and good old Discover Card "some guy was in the stairwell making out with a prego girl ... I bet it's his baby" Ha ha. Anyway, it ended up that someone had spilled water on the floor and obviously didn't bother to clean it up or tell facilities so they could clean it up. I told facilities about the spill so it could be cleaned up and hopefully nobody else would fall.
I am fine other than my knees hurt like hell. I am surprised that they aren't all bruised up today. My boss kept teasing me that I'm not allowed to go out on leave until September because they aren't ready. Luckily, nothing serious came from the fall, other than some bruised knees and me being quite embarrassed. I will try to stay away from irons and stairs for the rest of my pregnancy but I'm sure more embarrassing stories will come.
Garlic Bok Choy
2 days ago
1 comment:
Dang! Hope you fell better! BTW you looked you cute when I saw you the other day
Post a Comment