Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I can't dance!

We went to the South Towne Expo Center tonight to check out the Days of '47 Parade Floats. My Mom and Lola joined us for dinner and the festivities and it was a great night hanging out with family.

While we were at the Expo Center they had a stage where different cultures were dancing and playing music so we stopped to check it out. There were 2 couples from Chile dancing and they were amazing.

Ivan then asked Emery if she wanted to dance and tried to get her into it. She immediately started yelling "I can't dance, I can't dance!" Ivan didn't give up and tried to get her to start dancing with him. The poor girl sat down on the floor and started balling and yelling "I can't dance". I had to rescue her and tell her that I can relate. I have no rhythm at all, I am a 100% white girl!

It will be interesting to see if Emery gets comfortable with dancing. All of Ivan's extended family loves to dance and they are great dancers. I always think back to our wedding reception and how much fun the Real Family made our reception by getting out on the dance floor (and dragging all of the white folks out too) and having a good time. Hopefully with time, Emery will get more confident in her dancing skills and we will learn that she will take after her Papa's side and not mine. I feel bad for her if she takes after me.

1 comment:

Rachel Lovato said...

Sounds like it is time to get her in some dance classes! I think she would love it!