Friday, October 22, 2010

Cornbellys

We headed out to Cornbelly's last Thursday for some Halloween fun. I had never been there and I'm so glad we went. I would love to make another trip this year but I'm not sure if it will happen before they close. I just wish they opened earlier during the week, 4p is late especially when it gets dark and cold by 7p.
Emery with all of the boys in the corn maze. She loves hanging around the boys and being the only girl. We went through the easy corn maze that should have taken us 30 mins. Emery led the way all the way to post #7 out of 10. She was doing great with navigating us through the maze - she obviously gets those skills from Ivan. After post #7, we were lost. Some of the kids started to get scared that we were really lost. We ended up getting out of the maze after an hour - and we came out the entrance. Oh well, after an hour of the corn maze, we were all over it anyway.
There was a little princess land that Emery loved. She went into this doll house and didn't come out for like 30 minutes. It was so packed and after 2 other kids had to be rescued by their dads I started to get worried. I didn't even know what was inside the house. I finally asked a little girl what was inside and she told me a ladder that leads you up to a little loft area. She also told me the only way down was by ladder. I got worried and headed inside. Emery was up in the loft just hanging out. I am reminded everyday how big and grown up she is. So sad!
They also had an area where the girls could pick out dresses and play dress up. Emery was in heaven!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Every year I say I want to take my kids over to Cornbelly's and check it out and we never seem to make it. Maybe next year .. looks like you had fun!