Friday, January 7, 2011

There's a Strange Sound in my Room

I was getting ready in my bathroom this morning when I heard the pitter patter of Emery's feet on the kitchen floor. I could tell she was running which was unusual for her when she first wakes up. She comes in to the bathroom and this is what she says:

Emery: "Mama, I heard a strange sound in my room" (with her hand on her hip by the way)
Me: "you heard what?" (I had never heard her use the term "strange sound" before)
Emery: "I heard a strange sound in my room, it was coming from my closet"
Me: "oh, okay"
Emery: "Mama, there was a strange sound in my closet and it scared me. It was the blue tarantula, he's in my closet. Me and my friends are scared of the blue tarantula"

These days, Emery's imagination is going wild. She loves Max&Ruby and right now here favorite episode is Max's Halloween. On that episode, there is a blue tarantula story and Emery is obsessed with it. I never realized it was scaring her. But, it must not be scaring her too much since she's watching the same episode right now.

No comments: