Thursday, April 21, 2011

Teething Solutions

One night last week, Paisley was in pain due to teething. Ivan was on baby duty and trying to find ways to soothe her. He is one of the most creative people I know and will always find ways to make the girls laugh or feel better when they are sick or in pain.

So, Ivan went to the freezer and got an Otter Pop. He cut around the edges just enough to cut away the sharp edges and let Paisley chew on it to numb her gums. Instantly, she was happy, gnawing away at the Otter Pop even though it wasn't opened. Then, a minute later, we heard slurping sounds. The little stinker had gotten the Otter Pop opened and was sucking the juice out - no wonder she was so happy! I took the Otter Pop away (if I wasn't home, the 7 month old would have likely had her first Otter Pop) and Paisley freaked out. She was so mad - grunting and crying. I brought her another Otter Pop, unopened, and gave it to her. She knew the difference and wanted nothing to do with it. So, we were back to square one with a fussy baby and pulled out the baby Tylenol.

No comments: