Sunday, November 27, 2011

Emery Turns 4!

I have no idea where the time has gone. I'm also in shock that I'm the mom of a 4 year old! Wow! Emery is growing up to be the most amazing little girl and I'm so proud to be her mom. She's so smart and has really come out of her shell over the last year. She is a great helper (most of the time) and is a great big sister to Paisley (most of the time). She definitely has opinions about most things - what she wants to eat, what she wants to wear. The other morning, we were getting her dressed and she said she wanted to wear a dress - she has also turned into a girly-girl over the last year. Anyway, I was going through her closet showing her the dresses she had to choose from. First she said, "no, that one is too red. No, not that one, it's too shiny. OK, that one will the pockets will do". She really has opinions!

As always, we had a great turn out for Emery's birthday party - I am grateful everyday for our support system and for everything coming out to make the day special for Emery.

Blowing out her candle ..
During the party, I kept making comments about how everyone was going to sing Happy Birthday to Emery. With every comment I made, Emery would respond with, "I don't want to sing Happy Birthday". I kind of blew it off and just said, "you don't have to sing, we will sing to you". Well, once it came time to sing to Emery, she ran from the table, went to her room and shut the door until we were done singing. I never realized it before, but she really doesn't like to be the center of attention. Here she is dashing from the table into her room..
Emery was showered with great gifts from her party guests ... a sleeping bag that she has slept in every night since her party
She loves scarves and all accessories
Oh, and snow globes - the girl loves snow globes
Just a few cute pics of Miss Paisley ..

1 comment:

Jodi Collins said...

Happy Birthday Emery. What a sweet girl with a little attitude (just like her mom)!