Sunday, November 27, 2011

Halloween Fun - Cornbelly's and Pumpkin Carving

We had a great Halloween season again this year. Since having Emery, I've really tried to make the holiday's a big deal - especially since there are so many fun activities that take place for each holiday.

As usual, the pictures loaded backwards and I'm not going to fix them. So, from the end of the festivities to the beginning, here we go:


At the end of the night of carving pumpkins, Emery went to bed like any other princess would - crown and all.
We carved pumpkins with Grandma Lola and Uncle D this year. This is actually the first year we have carved pumpkins since Emery was born. I thought she would be into it this year but it was still tough for her to be able to carve them. She also refused to put her hands in the pumpkin to help clean it out - surprise, surprise! I didn't think about it until after the fact, but next year, I think I will have the girls paint their pumpkins vs carving. Then they both will be able to participate and have their pumpkins decorated. Emery did get to choose the design of her pumpkin and then I carved it for her.
We also decorated a Haunted House ..
I took Emery to Cornbelly's with my Mom, Elan and the kids. I decided to leave Paisley with Grandma Lola - I think she will be able to enjoy Cornbelly's next year.

We enjoyed a tractor ride - doesn't Emery look thrilled - ha!
After 4 hours, we were relaxing by the fire pit. Emery and all of the kids had a blast. I think they could have played for another 2 hours but by this time, it was dark, late and getting pretty cold.
My mom and Collin rode on the very manual bikes
We went through the Corn Maze - we did much better this year

No comments: