Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer Fun

We have had a fun and busy summer so far.  Here's a recap:

Paisley just being Paisley ... wearing whatever outfit she has decided she wants to wear, dressing herself and climbing up anything she can manage to get her hands on ..
 Taking a spin on Emery's new bike..
 We bought Emery her first real bike this summer.  Is it bad that it took us this long?  Anyway, it's Barbie and pink, and she loves it!  You should see her on it with her pink Barbie helmet and she's usually wearing all pink - such a sight!
 We got a slip n slide this summer too.  It brings back memories of me playing with my sister and the neighbors at my Great Grandma Ruth's on the slip n slide.  So fun!


 Paisley playing dress up - the girl loves to dress, undress and dress herself again.
 We were lucky enough to have Makayla out for a visit.  She's getting way too big!  Emery was attached to Makayla's hip the entire visit.  I tried to remind Makayla that she was the same way with me not too long ago.

 We headed to the pool a few times.  Not only is it fun to play in the pool, but it's also about the yummy treats.  Nachos, churros and coke - yummy in our tummies!
 Makayla being a typical "pre-teen" when I try to snap a picture
 Paisley being as happy as can be - she's has nachos and then digging into a churro
 We also went camping for two nights while Makayla was here.  I think we all know that I'm not much of a camper, but the girls and Ivan love it, so I go along for the ride.  We went up to Big Cottonwood - only about 15 minutes away from our house, but it was still in the woods and we slept in tents, so I consider that full on camping.  It was wet, rainy and cold the majority of the time, but we still had a really good time.  We enjoyed good company, ate awesome meals the entire time and had a great camping experience.
 All of the kids on the trip ..
 Paisley was spoiled and got held 99% of the trip.  I didn't mind when I got to hold her - it made me not have to do any work and she rarely cuddles with anyone at home, so I took advantage of every second I could cuddle with her :)

 For the 24th of July, I met up with some friends at a carnival close to home.  Here's a shot of all of the kids ..
 They had bouncy houses for the kids.  It was really busy and all of the bouncy houses had long lines.  So, the 3 women decided to divide and conquer.  We all stood in separate lines and the kids went to whoever was closest to the entrance.  Once it got dark, we gathered up on the grass for a fireworks show.  All in all, we had a great time!




Quinlan came over a few times to play with the girls.  On this particular day, he decided he wanted to roller skate.  Sorry Quinlan, you were covered in PINK - that's all we have in this house ..

 For some strange reason, Emery likes getting into Paisley's high chair.  The reality is, Paisley pretty much refuses to sit in it - she wants to sit at the table like a big girl.  I should probably just pack it away.
Well, there you have it.  A recap of what we've been up to this summer.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow, your girls are growing so much. You haven't changed at all... Very busy Summer, no doubt! Glad you and your family are doing well. Best wishes!