Saturday, September 15, 2012

August Happenings

The month of August was busy, busy, busy as always.  Just a quick post to show off my cute little family and some of the fun we had.

I'm still in full on baking mode - I love baking.  I really wish I could become a full time baker - ha!  maybe one day, like after I retire?  Anyway, the cute girls are patiently waiting at the oven for the cookies to be finished..
 There was an "end of summer" carnival put on by Sandy City and we had a good time.  There were tons of bouncy houses, a little train ride and music.  And, it was all free - who can beat that?

 Paisley, well, just being Paisley.  She wants to do everything Emery does, but puts her own spin on it.  She's got Emery's shin guards for soccer on, and Emery's socks.  Notice though, she has a shin guard on her foot and her hand, and a sock on her foot, and her hand - crazy girl!
 We were only able to get in one camping trip this year (I was devastated, not!) but we did go up into the canyons for a few hours for dinner and playing.  The kids had a great time as always and we had great food!


 I took the girls to the park and they got to just run around.  It's so fun now that they are able to really play together.  It does scare me sometimes that Paisley tries to do every single thing that Emery does, but she hasn't had any major injuries yet ..


 I went to Babies R Us to get a baby shower gift for my girlfriend and ended up buying $80 worth of stuff for my kids.  I swear, that store is bad news for me.  Anyway, they had these robes on clearance for $7.00 each - who can beat that?  And, they are really good quality.  So, now we have the added work after bath time of putting the robes on, then taking them off, then putting them back on - it's never ending.  The girls love them though and they look so dang cute in them.
 Emery convinced me to go to Burger King - I'm eat a lot of fast food but I've never been a fan of Burger King.  So, I went to Del Taco for myself and then Burger King for the girls.  We got home and the girls didn't eat anything, but they loved the crowns.
 Paisley in action - climbing onto the nightstand in our room ..
And then deciding that it would be a good idea to put a chair on top of the dining room table to sit on.  This girl!!

No comments: