Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Then What Happens?

Emery is all about asking questions and talking ALL OF THE TIME these days. Seriously, from the time she wakes up, until the time she goes to bed, she is non-stop talking. She really reminds me of Makayla when she was little. These girls can talk!

Anyway, Emery's big thing is to ask "then what happens?". Tonight, Paisley fell asleep in my arms after drinking her bottle. I was taking advantage of my cuddle time with my girls - Emery was cuddling with me watching Shrek 3. As soon as Emery noticed that Paisley was sleeping, she just could not keep her hands off. First it was kissing Paisley, then touching her hand, then tickling her foot. Our conversation then went a little like this ...

Me - "Emery, please don't touch Paisley, she's sleeping"
Emery - "then what happens?"
Me - "you will wake her up and then she will cry"
Emery - "then what happens?"
Me "then you will go to timeout"
Emery - "ok Mama, I'll leave her alone"

It's amazing what a little threat about timeout will do :)

Emery's 2nd big question is, "Are you happy or mad?" I'm not exactly sure where she got this from, but she asks it several times during the day. If we have to change our tone or facial expressions to get Emery to do something we've asked her to do, her response is always, "are you happy or mad?" I generally don't respond that I'm mad, but I will say that I'm frustrated and then explain why. It is usually because she isn't listening to me. If I say I'm frustrated, she always responds with "Mama, I love you". She already knows how to work us!

No comments: