We made an impromptu trip to California in September. We got to spend the entire trip with my family and it was a great trip. Makes me really miss my family and at times, wish I lived in CA - I wish I could get all of my family to move to UT so I could have the best of both worlds.
After a long day of travelling, the girls took naps as we drove to our hotel..
Cute little Paisley giving her cousin Austyn a kiss
We drove Makayla home and she had to squeeze between the two carseats in a tiny car - good thing she's skinny!
Great Great Grandma Ruth, Emery and Paisley - I sure love all of these beautiful women!
The girls and I with my sister Michelle and baby Austyn
5 Generations - with Great Grandma Ruth and Grandma Marge
Then, we were off to the happiest place on earth - Disneyland!! Ivan is not a fan of Disneyland at all, but I've convinced him to go at least once a year. To be honest, I'm not a fan either, but it makes the girls so happy that I couldn't imagine not taking them.
We braved it with 1 pre-teen, 2 four year old's, 2 two year old's and a 1 year old. Along with myself, my sister, two of my cousins and Ivan. Ivan sure was a trooper to go with all of the girls and kids. We had an awesome time and I hope we can all go together again next year.
Below: Makayla, Austyn, Paisley, Savannah, Brandon and Emery
We spent the day with two double strollers and one single stroller - I think all of the kids took turns in all of the strollers and had different stroller partners at any given time. It worked out perfectly!
Emery and Ivan in line for Splash Mountain - Emery is a dare devil! She will also let Ivan talk her into just about anything. She said the ride was "ok" but that she wouldn't want to go again.
By the end of the night, after 10 hours at Disneyland, Paisley was still as happy as could be ..
Austyn was out ..
as was Savannaha ..
The next day, all of the kids and adults got together at our hotel room. The kids swam in the pool for about two hours and had lunch. Next, the girls took a two hour bath and had a great time ..
Then they cuddled in bed and watched some cartoons together
Then off to Grandma Peggy's we went - the kids played together so well the entire trip
Grandma Peggy and Paisley
Brandon was a little wore out by this point (along with all of the kids - and adults too)
Aunt Summer and baby Austyn
Ivan and the kids ..
Before leaving, Emery spent some time showing Grandma Peggy how to play a golf game on Ivan's phone
That's the end of our trip .... we then flew home, spent a day recovering and then off to work and reality it was. It was great to spend several days with my little family and all of my extended family. Can't wait to do it again!
Garlic Bok Choy
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment